- What Age do you feel inside? I believe our chronological age is just a number. I’m 53 and am always amazed by that number as I feel (and sometimes . . . no, probably always) act at least half that age. I’m forever 25.
- What's your Blind spot? Living in my head.
- What TV Character do you wish was real? Hank Moody.
- What’s the most Daring thing you’ve ever done? These days I would have to say putting myself out there in the dating world. Scary shit but I’m doing it.
- What’s been the most Extraordinary experience of your life? Being with my father when he passed away. I feel truly blessed to have been able to share that journey with him.
- What’s the most Fun you’ve ever had? My life is one big epic fun-filled experience. But, if I have to pick one, it’s being in the pit at a Springsteen show, sharing that communal joy in our special church.
- What was your most painful Goodbye? It would have to be losing my parents.
- What Historical event do you wish you’d been alive to witness? Either Woodstock or any Springsteen show during 1978.
- Where do you draw Inspiration from? My amazing friends, music, spiritual and mindfulness gurus, and my sister.
- What did your first Job teach you? There can be honour in the monotonous.
- Who do you wish you Kissed but didn’t? There are some kisses I’d like to take back but no one I feel I missed out on. I’d just like to say that I’m looking forward to kissing the person to whom I am going to spend the rest of my life.
- What Lyrics sum up your life right now? Lyric: “I can't be right for
If I'm not right for me. I gotta be free, I've gotta be free. Daring to try, to do it or die. I've gotta be me”
- What Memory do you turn to in dark times? Any memory at my cottage on Paugh Lake. It’s my happy place.
- What’s the Nicest thing you’ve ever done for someone? I try to be happy and positive and hug my friends when I can.
- What lost Opportunity do you wish you could go back and pursue? I believe we all end up where we’re supposed to be . . . maybe we take a squirrelly path to that destination but we end up there eventually.
- What do you believe your life Purpose is? To create: music, words, joy, conversations.
- What’s a Question you’re always asked? Who’s older: you or your sister?
- What’s the biggest Realization you’ve had over the past year? Being my authentic self 100 percent of the time is the true path to happiness.
- Do you have any Secrets? I’m pretty much an open book … what do you want to know?
- What’s your main Talent? I’ve been told that I’m a rainmaker in that I make things happen. Is that a talent? Who knows!
- Have you ever felt Unworthy? Probably in my younger years, but who hasn’t experienced moments of not feeling good enough? However, I now know that I am very worthy indeed.
- What are your core Values? Kindness, authenticity, creativity, gratitude, action and honesty.
- What do you Want right now that you can’t have? Clarity.
- If your brain was X-rayed, what would we find weighing on your mind? How to ensure I spend every day doing what I am passionate about.
- When you were Younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? A writer or a musician. See, squirrelly path but we eventually get there!
- What fills you with Zeal? Love, music, spending time at my cottage, hanging with my friends and like-minded individuals.
Welcome to my foray into the blogging world. I don't promise to be your source for political and social commentary, but I will always endeavour to be entertaining, charming and witty (and by witty, you may also want to read that as sarcastic . . . I sometimes mix the two up).
You will see a mix of poems and/or song lyrics, my skewed little musings on life, the odd rant or two, and hopefully I can pass along some inspirational pieces – either from my own personal experiences or from those who inspire me.
I will try not to work Bruce Springsteen into everything I write, though it will be difficult as he does impact a large part of my waking world as well as a good portion of my dream world.
Enjoy. Be kind. Come back often and visit.
Tuesday, 25 August 2015
I’ve put a lot of thought into what I would consider the soundtrack to my life.
Now, the song that will always remind me of my dad? Well, that would be the Muppets' version of "Danny Boy." We watched a YouTube video of them performing the song on his final St. Patrick's Day in 2010, and it brought a much-needed laugh as we spent those final days in dad's hospital room.
Music has always played an important role in my life and many songs have inspired me, made me cry, laugh, deliriously happy and want to dance my face off. Music keeps me sane and feeds my soul and I look forward to adding several songs to my soundtrack.
Folk, jazz, bluegrass, country, smaltz and rock on my friends.